We Make the Road by Walking
- Tuesday, September 5, 2017 View Next Date
- 1:00PM - 2:00PM
WE MAKE THE ROAD BY WALKING, A Year-Long Quest for Spiritual Formation, Reorientation and Activation.
A seven-week series led by Ivy Thomas, beginning Tuesday, August 22 from 1-2 p.m.
Each weekly reading invites you to:
- Cultivate an honest, intelligent understanding of the Bible and of Christian faith in the 21st century
- Engage with discussion questions designed to challenge, stimulate, and encourage
- Re-imagine what it means to live joyfully and responsibly in today’s world as agents of God’s justice, creativity, and peace
- If you’re seeking a fresh way to experience and practice your faith, if you’re a long-term Christian seeking new vitality, or if you feel out of place in traditional church circles, this book [and study group] will inspire and activate you in your spiritual journey
- Dare to venture off old maps into new, uncharted territory and discover how we make the road by walking. (Excerpt from the book cover)
If you wish to join this book/lectionary study, you will need to purchase Brian McLaren’s book We Make the Road by Walking.* It is available on Kindle for $16.99 + tax (www.amazon.ca) or from Chapters for $18.41 + tax (paper back).
If you wish Ivy to order you a copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 250-388-5188 ext. 233 BEFORE August 13.
*If you would like to join the study but can’t manage the financial cost, please let Ivy know and arrangements will be made for you to use a book.