November 20, 2017
BE A CHRISTMAS ANGEL!
Gift cards available Nov. 26 and Dec. 3. Gifts should be returned by Dec. 10.
It’s the time of year again when we think of exchanging gifts and sharing special seasonal food, decorations, and fellowship with our friends and families. For those in the Our Place family, Christmas is not always a joyous time. Many of these folk are not in touch with their families and can find the Christmas season a cold and lonely time.
Victoria Presbytery's Angel Gifts program is a chance to share some warmth and friendly greetings with the Our Place family. The Angel Gift might be the only gift that person receives. Those who have received Angel Gifts have been very moved by the generosity and caring that come with the gift.
Suggested value about $40:
- new clothing, such as a hooded sweatshirt, sweater or fleece vest
- gloves, mitts, a chocolate bar, movie tickets, a gift voucher for a downtown store or coffee shop.
There are many ways to take part:
- give one (or more) gift.
- share the cost with someone to jointly give one gift.
- be a designated shopper for someone else who cannot get out to purchase their gift — they pay; you do the legwork.
- help with the sorting and/or transport of First Met’s gifts.
Angel Gift cards with a gift recipient’s name, gender and size will be available at the 9 and 11a.m. services Nov. 26 and Dec. 3. Wrapping instructions also will be available. The wrapped gifts should be returned on by Dec. 10. It is very important that the gifts be returned on time so they don't miss the sorting and distribution process and disappointing someone in the Our Place family.
If you have questions, or can help as a designated shopper, or with sorting or transport, please contact Penny Bond, 250-384-2538 or email@example.com