13th Annual Congregational Camp
1. Congregational Camp Registration Time (Extended)!!
The deadline for the First Met Congregational Family Camp has been extended… please hurry and register ASAP!
Here we are! Our plans for the 13th Annual First+Met Congregational Camp for June 26nd to 28th are just started. We had 125 people attending last year. Families are already talking about this camp with excitement. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Although the deadline is early June, please register ASAP in order to get your spot. If you have any questions, please contact the Church office.
2. Camp Fee and Meals
Cost *Adult $65, Youth (14 & up) $40, Child (Up to 13) $ 30 Preschoolers $15, Under 2 free (2 nights accommodation, 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 1 supper, snacks (everyday), activities. etc.)
Saturday only Adult: all day (lunch & supper) $35, without supper $20, Children/Youth $15 (with meals) ($10 without meals) Preschoolers Free. Please prepay at the church office in order for us to know the numbers for meals.
Camp Pringle is located on the west side of Shawnigan Lake, next door to the Provincial Park. It is 45 to 60 minutes from Victoria. The turn-off to Shawnigan Lake is just 2 km past the Petro Canada gas station on the Trans Canada highway. Continue 6 km until you see the sign telling you to take the left road. Camp Pringle is just 7 km further. Camp phone: 250-743-2189 if you are lost.
Megumi’s phone: 250-896-3876
4. A few rules & regulations which Camp Pringle asks us to observe:
- No pets
- No firearms
- No alcohol or illegal substances
- All telephone calls are to be made from the pay phone located in the kitchen in Spencer Hall
- Waterfront–including canoes–to be used only when lifeguards are present
- At the waterfront, keep children close by
- **First†Met Safety. We have our First+Met medical team (doctor & nurse) available on site.
5. Campers Checklist
- Soap & facecloth
- Toothbrush & paste
- Long pants
- Casual clothes
- Warm clothes
- Rain gear
- Underwear & socks
- Running shoes
- Water/beach shoes
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Bug Spray
- Musical Instrument(s)
- A smile
- Lawn chairs
- Your favourite cereal if you need it (We have hot breakfasts…)
- Skit props
6. Additional Notes:
* We would also welcome contributions of squares, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, carrot cake, date squares, chocolate cake, muffins and rice crispy cakes, etc. Due to possible allergies, please no peanut butter. If you have some special pickles or jams, they would be nice as well.
**Please also bring along your musical instruments and any ideas you might have for entertainment and skits for the variety show. We would like each cabin to be responsible for providing at least one part of our entertainment for the evening!
***This years’ theme is “Birds”. We are happy that Joan Wilkinson is busy preparing for fabulous crafts. This year, our Sarah Prestwich is preparing for our program and she has tons of experience! Please start to think about your cabin name with this theme.