COVID-19: See our Children's Corner page at left for lots of ideas on things to do.
Members of the Sunday School rang the First Met bell 215 times at noon on Sunday, June 6, in memory of the children whose suspected graves have been found at the former residential school in Kamloops. They will ring the bell again on Sunday, June 20, to mark the Indigenous Day of Prayer.
Sunday School leader: Micia Kanstrup
Micia is a longtime member of the First Met congregation. We are pleased to have her provide Sunday School leadership and coordination.
Mission: to teach and nourish God’s transformative love in an inclusive spiritual community.
1/ to share stories of Jesus and the Bible to enable children/youth to develop a spiritual framework for life
2/ to involve and encourage all in worship, outreach, and community engagement
3/ to give and teach tools to our children and youth, core beliefs, and practices of the United Church
We offer a wide range of youth-focused worship events, Sunday School classes, youth groups and programs for children and parents, youth and young adults, including leadership development opportunities.
Children and youth are involved in our services every Sunday but play a special role on some special Sundays during the year.
- Rally Sunday: Sunday School starts the second Sunday of September
- Children's Sunday: closest Sunday to November 20, the UN Children's Day
- White Gift Sunday: the first or second Sunday in December
- Christmas Eve Family Service: December 24 at 4:30 p.m.
- Lenten Project Dedication Sunday: one week after Easter
- Great Parade: the first Sunday in June